When: Saturday November 2nd, 3PM – 7PM
Where: Verdugo Bar, 3408 Verdugo Road, Los Angeles, CA 90065
Belgian Strong Ales will be the beer style of the month, which is surely a favorite, especially for the holidays! Verdugo Bar will hopefully have some commercial samples on hand. We also welcome your homebrews of this style as well as any style of homebrew to share and discuss. Please bring a copy of your recipe to assist in obtaining helpful feedback.
Since Verdugo Bar is a retail tap room, please limit yourself to bringing one bottle of homebrew. They have upwards of 22 craft beers on tap!
There will also be a food truck in attendance on the patio, as well as board games to pass the time.
Things to bring to Saturday’s meeting:
- Tasting glass (YSB glasses are for sale, see below)
- Money to buy beers at the bar
- Recipes for discussion
- Self-nominations for 2014 Officer Elections
Yeastside Brewers needs new officers for the 2014 calendar year. Dave Ochoa will be our president, but we still need a new VP, treasurer, administrative coordinator, and competition coordinator. One of our club’s core philosophies is to always bring in new members as officers so our club stays fresh and exciting. Check in with any of our officers to learn more about the positions should you have interest! Time is running short, and elections will be held at the December meeting.
Competitions in and around November
Please, check the site regularly for deadlines.
- The entry date for the California State Homebrew Competition has come and gone, having been October 12th. The competition is this Saturday, and results are pending! Good luck!
- Competition season 2013 is winding down. If you know of other competitions not mentioned here or on ourcompetition schedule, please advise us!
Group Hops & Yeast Buy
I’m still working on this, and I apologize for the delay. I hope to have it as soon as possible.
YSB Logo T-Shirts and Glasses For Sale
- Yeastside Brewers logo glasses are for sale, $8 each, $20 for three.
- The first generation Yeastside Brewers logo t-shirts are for sale, too, $20 each. They are American Apparel, sizes M through XXXL, white shirt with Yeastside-red logo.
- The new, second generation Yeastside Brewers t-shirts are now for sale, $25 each. They are Anvil cotton t-shirts, sizes M through XXXL, and Anvil women’s v-neck t-shirts. Both are black shirts with Yeastside-red logo on the front left chest and a five color, stylized design on the back (there’s a photo on our facebook). We are already running low on the sizes, so there are no guarantees. Get ’em while they’re hot!
- Neck Lanyards for holding your tasting glass are for sale, too. $5 each. One size fits most. No logo.
- Combo Deal: one neck lanyard plus one logo glass, $10.
December’s Meeting will be held at Dave and Sammy’s house, in Eagle Rock, on December 7.
Thanks for reading! Happy Brewing, and we’ll see you on Saturday!
Jerl Leutz – Yeastside Brewers President 2013