When: April 5th, 2PM – 6PM
Where: Will Labrie’s House, 417 E. Olive Ave Monrovia, Ca, 91016
This Saturday, April 5th, we will have our meeting at fellow Yeastside Member Will Labrie’s House in Monrovia. Will has graciously offered up his home and we have a few fun activities planned. Jerl Leutz, our former president, will be doing a Mead Demonstration! If you have never tried making a Mead, this will be a great experience to learn from a outstanding Homebrewer. Also, Will has offered his gas grill for any of your BBQ or grilling specialities! Please feel free to bring any potluck item you desire and anything that you would like to grill. It looks to be a perfect weekend with lots of sunshine!
Things to bring to Saturday’s Meeting
- Homebrew! We have no restrictions on the number you can bring, so feel free to bring anything that you would like to share or get feedback on. Any Mead would be welcome as well!
- Tasting Glass (YSB glasses are for sale)
- Potluck or Grilling item. Usually we have a nice variety, so anything you want to bring will be great!
- Money or Credit Card for Camping Trip Fees
Pyramid Lake Camping Trip
I want to thank you all for the great response we have gotten for the Camping Trip next month. As of right now, we have 27 RSVP’s!! The site we have can handle 40 people so there is still space if you want to go. RSVP to me right now! We will be collecting $20 for everyone going to pay for the campsite, ice, wood, and some basic essentials for the weekend. It is unfortunate that the Homebrew Festival was cancelled but I know we will have a great weekend filled with awesome Homebrew, lots of laughs, and a great group of people. More details to come at the meeting and in the coming weeks.
Competition Updates and Events Coming Up
- The 2014 Mayfaire Competition is upon us. This is a great event hosted by the Maltose Falcons and it is part of our Brewer of the Year Contest. Registration and Entries are due April 10th, and you can drop them off at the Eagle Rock Homebrew Supply Shop. Competitions are a great way to get some great feedback about your beer and it feels great to medal! They are also looking for Judges and Stewards for the event. If you have never judged a competition,Stewarding is a great opportunity to see how a competition is run. All the details can be found in the link above to the Maltose Falcons Website.
- Gayle, our Treasurer and Founding Member of Angry Horse Brewing, organized a great event with Yeastside Members, Mary Novokhovsky, Kelly Beach, Georgia Bell, and Sarah Bennett for International Women’s Collaboration Brew Day. Want to try this Beer? They will be pouring it at City Tavern in Culver City on April 19th. More details to come at the next meeting and be sure to check out the City Tavern events page for more info.
- Tomorrow Night, April 2nd, Glendale Taps is having “An Evening of Spectrophotometric Beer Analysis.” It is late notice but it looks to be an interesting event if you are free tomorrow night. They will have a BioSpectrometer that will analyze different beers for color, bitterness, PH, and other metrics. You can also bring in your Homebrew to be analyzed as well! The event will start at 7:30p and run until 11p.
YSB Logo T-Shirts and Glasses for Sale
- Yeastside Brewers logo Tasting Glasses are for sale, $8 each, 3 for $20
- New Yeastside Brewers Logo T-Shirt, sizes M to XXXL, $25, more sizes coming soon!
- Neck Lanyard, $5
- Combo Tasting Glass and Neck Lanyard, $10
May’s Meeting will be May 10th(due to the camping trip) at Glendale Taps
Dave Ochoa- Yeastside Brewers President 2014