December Brewery Tour!!!!!
What: December Holiday Meeting on a Bus!!
Where: Union Station, The Bruery, Noble Ale Works, and Bottle Logic
When: Saturday, December 6th, 2p – 7p
Why: You are an awesome Yeastside Member and as a reward, we are ending the year with a bang and taking our December meeting on the road and checking out some great Orange County Breweries
Greetings Yeastside Brewers,
As we come to the close of the year, I am honored to have served as the Yeastside Brewers President for 2014. It has been a great year and I want to thank everyone for making our club one of the best homebrew clubs in Los Angeles. I always look forward to seeing everyone at our monthly meetings and tasting some excellent homebrew. We have been fortunate enough to have some great activities throughout the year and we have one more planned!!
December Meeting Orange County Bus Tour:
As a reward for being a Yeastside Member this year, we are having an Orange County Brewery Tour that is free for current members! The tour will be on December 6th and will be our December monthly meeting/holiday party. Here are the details so far and more info will be sent as we get closer to the event.
- The Bus Tour is December 6th from 2pm – 7pm and will start at Union Stationand stop at The Bruery, Noble Ale Works, and Bottle Logic in Orange County. I have been to all 3 and they are all fantastic in their own way!
- The tour will be free for current members of the Yeastside Brewers. Current members are those who have paid their yearly dues for 2014. If anyone wants to join at tomorrows meeting or anytime before the tour, there will be a $15 charge to attend the tour.
- We have booked a 57 person bus! If you have never been on a Brewery Tour with a group of Homebrewers, get ready to live! We will have snacks and you can bring homebrew to share as we make our way down to the breweries. It turns into a rolling beer festival!
- We are limited to 57 people so RSVP as soon as possible. We should have space for all those who want to attend, but we will have to cap the number of people so please respond promptly. I will check our current roster that Gayle has put together and ensure you are paid up for the year!
- We are in contact with all the breweries and will hopefully have some discount pricing and tours planned. You are responsible for your tasting fees and any bottle purchases on the tour.
- Please contact me or any of the Board Members for any further information.
Tomorrow, November 8th, is our monthly meeting at Angry Horse Brewing. Louie will be hosting a group of people for a Big Brew at 10am and the meeting will start at 2pm. The meeting is a potluck so please bring a tasty treat to share. Louie and Gayle have offered up their BBQ for grilling and it looks to be a beautiful day. I hope to see you all tomorrow!
Transplant Brewing Indiegogo Campaign:
As some of you might have heard, Yeastside Members Matt and Sarah Luker are in the process of opening their own Brewery in Palmdale!! This is very exciting for them and I wish them the best of luck. They always have unique and tasty homebrew and I am excited to see how they progress and can’t wait to taste some Transplant Beer in their very own Brewery! Here is a link to their Indiegogo campaign. You can help by contributing and sharing the campaign with everyone you know!! Best of luck Matt and Sarah!
December’s meeting will be on a bus!!
I look forward to seeing you all next weekend. Happy Brewing to you all, and see you on Saturday!
Dave Ochoa – Yeastside Brewers President 2014