When: Saturday May 11th, 2PM – 6PM
Where: Eagle Rock Home Brewing Supply, 4981 Eagle Rock Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90041
Dearest Yeast Riders:
This Saturday, May 11th, we’ll be holding our meeting at Eagle Rock Home Brewing Supply, from 2PM to 6PM. It will likely be a sunny Spring day, so I encourage you to prepare for the sun with sunblock, plenty of water, and a sombrero. Parking is available behind the shop, accessible by alley. There is also street parking of plenty nearby.
Belgian and French Ales will be the beer style of the month. We’ll have some commercial samples on hand, and we welcome your homebrews of this style as well as any style of homebrew to share and discuss. Please bring a copy of your recipe to assist in obtaining helpful feedback. Your own commercial samples are welcomed as well.
Other things to consider bringing to Saturday’s meeting:
- Tasting glass (YSB glasses are still for sale, see below)
- Anyone want to grill/BBQ? The weather should be perfect
- Beer kegs, CO2 and connectors (our jockey box is online, self-aware, and fully operational)
- Cobra-taps, as an alternative to the jockey box, with a keg on ice
- An extra cobra-tap for your ill-prepared president’s keg of Belma ESB (please, and I thank you)
- ICE and a chest/tub as appropriate
SCHF Was a Success!
The 2013 SCHF was last Saturday, May 4, 2013. Dozens of Yeastsiders attended, and we had over 20 beers and brews of various sorts on tap. We made a grand FIRST showing and a lasting impression on our fellow members of homebrew community. The jockey boxes and cask engine all performed perfectly. We should all feel proud and accomplished!
Cheers to those of you who pledged kegs and bottles of beer for the festival! I send a special thanks to Josh for spearheading the logistics of the trip!
Upcoming Competitions in and around May
Competition season is in full swing! Check the site regularly for deadlines. As far as this month’s Club Only Competition (“COC”), the May COC submissions were due at our last meeting (Extract Beers), and entries are now closed. Going forward, the AHA phased-out the COC program and instead instituted the Radegast Club of the Year program. No more COCs going forward.
- The 26th Annual SoCal Regional Homebrew Championship will be held June 22 & 23 in Corona, CA. Entries are due by June 8.
- If you know of other competitions not mentioned here or on our competition schedule, please advise us!
YSB Logo T-Shirts and Glasses For Sale
Yeastside Brewers logo glasses, while becoming scarce, are for sale, $8 each, $20 for three. Get ’em while they’re hot.
Yeastside Brewers logo t-shirts are for sale, too. They are American Apparel, sizes M through XXXL, white shirt with Yeastside-red logo.
If you have design skills, you can help with the next round of shirts. Check in with Jerl or Jeremy.
June’s Meeting will be held at Gayle and Louie’s house in Montebello (aka Angry Horse Brewing!), on June 1.
Thanks for reading! Happy Brewing, and we’ll see you on Saturday!
Jerl Leutz – Yeastside Brewers President 2013